Designing a Custom Table
How Do I Use This?
- Choose how your table will look like by filling out the form below;
- Click on "Draw The Table" so that you'd see how the rows and columns on your table would look like;
- Click on "Generate The Code" and a small window will pop up.
- Copy the Code and paste it on the WebPage Maker, inserting it at that point in the page where you would like it to appear;
- Once pasted on the WebPage Maker, add this expression within the <table> tag: width="100%". This expression will spread the table to the width of the browser.
This interactive guide has been designed by Andy Augustine to teach web designers the attributes of the <TABLE> tag. It allows the user to modify these attributes and see the immediate effects on an example table (displayed in the bottom frame).
Because of its usefulness, I have decided to integrate it as part of Your Simple WebPage Maker.
If you think you've found a bug, check the
buglist and please let Andy Augustine know about it.
He has documented some glitches at the bottom of this page.
List of known bugs
- Both align or valign don't always work for table cells. You must specify enough rows and columns to make the numbers printed in the table at least two digits.
- When the window is resized or the page is re-loaded, you must click on the 'Draw this table!' button to re-format the bottom frame per the attributes shown.